REopt Lite Development Plans
NREL continues to develop features and capabilities for the REopt Lite™ web tool. Fiscal Year 2021 REopt Lite development plans include:
- Combined heat and power: Integrate a combined heat and power technology option, along with chilled water storage, hot water storage, and absorption chiller.
- Geothermal heat pumps: Integrate a geothermal heat pump technology option.
- Flexible loads: Add ability to optimize flexible loads alongside generation.
- Electric vehicles: Add option to include electric vehicle loads in optimizations.
- Controls: Develop implementable control algorithm based on the optimal dispatch strategy.
- Constraints: Add ability to constrain solution based on budget, emissions, and renewable energy goals.
- Online user forum: Allow users to ask and respond to questions, and share insights and successes.
- Additional resources: Add new REopt Lite case studies and tutorials.
Future software development plans are subject to funding and may change throughout the fiscal year.
Learn more about REopt Lite's software update history, including recently added features.
Review the REopt™ platform's capabilities.